Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lost time phenomena explained...

After I hit the farmer's market this weekend, I also went to the MaxFund's grand opening of their new cat shelter, on 10th Avenue!

I went in, intending to get some photos, leave my business card, and head home with plenty of hours in the day left to paint.

But my friend Laura said "Oh, the kittens haven't moved over to the new facility yet! You should go check out the kittens at the regular shelter!"

Thanks, Laura. It is ALL YOUR FAULT THAT I FELL INTO THE KITTEN TIME WARP.

I walked in to the kitten room, after a short detour with the FIV cats (MR. WONDER...if you are in the market for a LOVELY cat and you don't have any other cats. JUST SAYING...).

There was PLENTY OF TIME. Maybe it was 2:30.

And then...I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TIME.

I sort of remember Chocolate, a tiny black kitten, crawling into my lap and falling asleep. And I have a vague impression of Bo, Flopsy, Mopsy, Hope, Melissa, Nala, EJ, Oreo, and I'm sure a few whose names I missed, madly chasing Kitten Mittens and feathers on the ends of sticks.

And then it was immediately 4:00 AND THE SHELTER WAS CLOSING.

So I got no painting done because I was ABDUCTED BY KITTENS.

The photo is of Flopsy, one of the culprits.

If you are in the market for a pet, you should definitely get one from a shelter.

But BE WARNED. You should also schedule PLENTY OF TIME.


No comments:

Post a Comment