Monday, June 27, 2011

King Leonidas vs. Voldemort?

Okay, so I had sort of FORGOTTEN about the Harry Potter movie coming out! I mean, I have read all the books MULTIPLE times. And seen ALL the movies.

But I have been movie-theater-challenged lately. After catching, then avoiding a few terrible movies (clue: anything this year with the words "green" or "transformers" in the title= terrible), Jon and I finally went to see a movie last week. In the theater.

We went to see "Super 8," which I LOVED, partly because (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER--do not read this next sentence if you haven't seen the movie) one of the characters was E.T. on steroids, all muscular and lacking anger-management skills. And partly because the moviemakers were VERY good at capturing being an early teenager in the late 1970's. Which I was.

But that's NOT THE POINT of this post.

While we were lined up for $25.00 popcorn, I saw eight Harry Potter posters in the concession area--showing 4 characters who were allegedly forces of evil--Voldemort, Snape, Bellatrix and that blond kid whose early promise for evil has been unfortunately overshadowed by the creepy Twincest king Joffrey in "Game of Thrones"--um, what is his name? Oh yeah...Draco Malfoy. And 4 more characters were there , presumably on the side of good--
Harry,
Ron,
Hermione, and...

WHO IS THIS OTHER GUY?

In this image, he looks like HE's on steroids with the muscles and potential anger-management-issues!

All I could think of was that the "THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!!" guy from "300" had somehow jumped ship and joined up with the Potter brigade in the Hogwarts war. You know the one, the Scottish guy who looked great in a loincloth and then Hollywood management put him into clothes and shaved his beard and inflicted him on us in about 20 romantic comedies...It was kind of a tragedy...Gerard Butler, that's the guy.

So ANYHOW, we asked the popcorn lady who it was and she answered...

"NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM."

THIS. IS. AMAZING!!!

Neville has always been my favorite character, with his unmanly love of plants and his weak chin and general side-kicky comic relief nature. And I couldn't help wondering,

WHEN DID NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM BECOME SUCH A TOTAL BADASS???

Clearly, I am going to be spending the next two weeks re-reading all the books!

THIS.
IS.
AWESOME!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment